How To Maintain Band It
Maintaining a proper care routine for your Band It will keep the extensions looking as natural, hydrated, and healthy as the day they arrive in that fabulous iridescent clutch. Without a proper care routine, your extensions may be more prone to frizz, breakage, matting, and a dull, dry appearance.
Follow these essential steps to ensure your hair extensions last and look absolutely fab!
Brush It Out
- Make sure your hair extensions are completely dry before brushing to avoid breakage. Use brushes specifically for extensions, a wide-toothed comb, looped bristles, or a soft bristle brush. PRO TIP: Using the proper brush will avoid pulling, snagging, or damage to your wefts.
- When brushing, begin at the mid-shaft and brush downward. Gently hold the section of your hair that you are detangling to avoid pulling.
- Work in sections, separating strands with your fingers to work through the knots and make brushing easier.
- Move along the hair extensions as you detangle from mid-shaft to ends.
Wash + Condition
- Always brush your dry extensions before washing.
- Use cold water to help seal in moisture and keep your hair extensions looking softer and shinier.
- Gently shampoo starting at the end of the weft and work your way up. PRO TIP Be sure to use shampoo and conditioners that are sulfate-free to avoid damage. Our haircare bundle covers all bases for you!
- Rinse thoroughly to ensure all product is out before conditioning.
- Condition your extensions to lock in moisture, then rinse with cold water. PRO TIP: It’s essential to wash and condition each weft layer individually.
- Lay your extensions out or hang them to dry, ensuring they are completely dry before brushing or choose to blowdry and style them!
Store With Care
- Our Band It hair extensions should always be removed before sleeping. (Good thing they go on and come off in seconds!)
- After removal, brush out your extensions to keep strands in the same direction.
- Store in the included reusable tote to ensure they stay protected until your next wear.
And there you have it, baddies! Follow these easy steps to keep your new #hairgoals looking fresh and healthy. Looking for more hair care tips? This way for more content to slay your new tresses!
December 1st 2023
November 6th 2023