March 28th 2022
How To Maintain Tape It
Want to learn how to maintain your tape it hair extensions to keep them looking natural, healthy and hydrated?! Then you might want to check out this quick blog on how!
Maintaining a proper care routine when wearing Tape It extensions will keep them looking as natural, hydrated, and healthy as the day they arrive in that fabulous iridescent clutch. Without a proper care routine, your extensions may be more prone to frizz, breakage, matting, and a dull, dry appearance.
Follow these essential steps to ensure your hair extensions last and look absolutely fab!
Brush It Out
- Make sure your hair is completely dry before brushing to avoid breakage. Use brushes specifically for extensions, a wide-toothed comb, looped bristles, or a soft bristle brush. *PRO TIP: Using the proper brush will avoid pulling, snagging, or damage to your wefts.
- When brushing, begin at the mid-shaft and brush downward. Gently hold the section of your hair that you are detangling to avoid pulling on the bonds.
- Work in sections, separating strands with your fingers to work through the knots and make brushing easier.
- Move along the hair as you detangle from mid-shaft to your ends.
- We recommend brushing your hair 2-3 times per day to avoid matting and tangling
Wash + Condition
- Always brush your hair dry first before washing.
- Use cold water to help seal in moisture and keep your hair extensions looking softer and shinier.
- Gently shampoo starting at your ends and work your way up. PRO TIP: Never use any products containing sulfates, oil, alcohol, or ethanol to avoid damage to the hair extensions and the adhesive. Our haircare bundle covers all bases for you!
- Rinse your hair thoroughly to ensure all product is out before conditioning.
- Avoid applying conditioner to your scalp when wearing Tape It extensions. Condition from mid-shaft to ends only, then rinse with cold water.
Sleep With Care
- Never sleep with wet hair! Braid your hair before bed to prevent your hair extensions from getting knotted or tangled while you sleep.
- Sleeping on a satin or silk pillowcase helps keep the cuticles of your hair extensions smooth during your slumber.
- Wearing a satin sleeping cap or silk hair wrap can also keep your tresses protected.
And there you have it, baddies! Follow these easy steps to keep your new #hairgoals looking fresh and healthy. Looking for more hair care tips? This way for more content to slay your new tresses!
March 15th 2023
March 13th 2023
March 9th 2023